Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  02:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

((btw how is this for Lance?))

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-

Edited by - Fizban Who on 06 Feb 2011 22:56:56
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  11:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
((works for me Fiz man awsome))

"Up your nose with a rubber hose!" (Vinny Barbarino)
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  15:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL!!!! I kind of figured it would!!!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  18:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Before I leave for the night I have to say that I sent my first two authors quaries out today. Unfortunetly I will not get any reply from either of them for a few months or so. But anyway the ball is going good now

Edited by - dark mage on 09 Mar 2011 01:33:27
Go to Top of Page

zentrin
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  14:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was dropped right into a mealstrom!!!!

Alright, I read it ^.^

I must say this first. I need to read the beginning! Need and want. Same thing. I am interested in Drell, Mina and the mage that shot the lightning that killed the father and the brother.

This was great and had a large scale for a battle.

I don't know what else to say, but there were moments that I wanted to feel more emotion in the characters. Meaning I want to know them better, but that comes with reading it from the beginning.

You have quite a cast there! Let's see, Ron Pearlman could pull off as Soth! Get the girl from 5th Element to be Mina ^.^

The story you wrote here was from book 2 yes? I wonder how it all plays out! Sad thing though is that I know now that some of the figure heads I am interested in die. But I do want to read about how they lived.

Yeah, where's the rest?!!!!
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  18:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Third book actualy. The Cresendo of Swords. I am glad that you liked it and that your interested in Malakarn, the mage, he is one of my best characters. I wonder if there is a way I could put the entire first book online. If I get enough online fans when it gets published there will be people sure to buy it. Hummm....In any case I am glad that you enjoyed the battle for Hain Oringard and I am working on getting the first book published as we speak.

Edited by - dark mage on 16 Mar 2011 18:11:12
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  23:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See kiddo?!?! I done told ya that it was good!!!

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2011 :  00:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indeed you did Fiz man and I am forever greatful to you for it

Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2011 :  02:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

zentrin
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2011 :  13:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, I read ever post in the blog thinking I was going to read more of the story last night.

There is alot of good advice in the beginning and good feedback as well.

Me? I have been working on my stories for many years now as well, but it is nowhere near ready to be published. I am taking my time on it. But the chracters I have? Hmmm... without giving out too much complex stuff... I have regular people, regular humaniods, and undead that are good guys and bad guys. I guess you would have to say it is kind of a cross of Dark Sun, Ravenloft, and Forgotten Realms put together. The setting and way of life knock out Dragonlance similarities, but in the early times of the story it was very much like dragonlance, but no dragons.

Now from early post discussions about bad guys...

Most of my villians became bad guys by by circumstance. None of my characters were defined as villians from being evil.

When it comes to making bad guys, I learned that in order to make a character you love to hate is to understand him/her. But I never really go that reaction. Most of my readers say, they love the bad guys, that they are bad a**. That character must have gone astray due to some event or some forced decision and continually acted upon that. Thus you learn why they act the way they do. Not just from being labeled evil. And to that person, does his actions appear evil? Does an evil man understand he is doing evil deeds whether intentionally or not?

For my characters, I have made them all very psychological. It really involves alot of sadness, even the good guys. That is how life works for both the good and the bad. Sadness. But I was asked once? When I wrote my story, why did I make it so harsh yet so kind at the same time? My answer... Some people like to eat meat, and others like to eat strawberries.

I hope you like Dash. Let's see how much you either like him or dispise him. RambleDashBamble, he is actually taken from one of my minotaurs with a different name but has his personality and traits. But I made Dash here simple. He likes to eat strawberries ^.^

Remember, meat or strawberries? Or both! ^.^

Edited by - zentrin on 17 Mar 2011 14:54:04
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  01:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds realy interesting Zentrin. It took me about...oh six years to finish these books and I am realy proud of them.

When it comes to writeing a villain I'm the same way. They're not evil for the sake of being evil they have reasons and a purpose. Malakarn has very deep feelings for his wife Isioi. Everything he does is for her. She's his rock. Dracus has somthing he wants to prove and he will do anything it takes to do so. He wants to leave his mark in a lasting way that people will remember forever. My hero's and my villains face sorrow and loss. With Malakarn it drives him over the edge almost breaking him, with Drell it strengthens him, drives him toward his final goal to protect his home and what he loves. Like you said thats life and books, like all art, are ment to reflect life in some way or another so that they can be relatable.

So far I like Dash and I think Rosemarta will too

Go to Top of Page

zentrin
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  16:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will keep my eyes out for Music Of Darkness. I am making it my quest to read it!
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  17:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awsome I am glad to hear that

Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  02:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COOL!!! ANOTHER FAN FOR YOU DM!!!!

-Edmund Burke-

Edited by - Fizban Who on 22 Mar 2011 02:20:24
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  10:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yayness! Always a good thing

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000