New Dragonlance Novels coming!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2021 :  22:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis are back and they will be giving us three new novels. I am so excited. The first two books are Dragons of Deceit and Dragons of Fate with the third book still unnamed. We could get Dragons of Deceit as soon as July of this year. They will be published by Del Rey books this time around.

Screw Wizards of the Coast they ought to have been grateful for new content from these people who basically paved the way for the creation of their company.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2022 :  15:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh is that the case? Honestly I haven't kept up with the publishing politics. Frankly, this is why self-publishing is becoming more attractive to emerging authors, and technology has made it possible to self-promote on a mass scale. Publishing companies should keep this in mind and realize that to remain relevant they need to treat their writers with respect because without them, they literally have nothing to publish lol. Now I'm curious about the conflict so I will have to read up on it.

That being said, I really appreciate Del Rey -- Terry Brooks is one of my favourite writers and he's been publishing with them for many, many years. Hopefully Tracy and Margaret will receive better treatment from them than WoTC.

Edited by - Golden_eyes on 24 Feb 2022 15:48:19
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2022 :  00:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Golden_eyes

Oh is that the case? Honestly I haven't kept up with the publishing politics. Frankly, this is why self-publishing is becoming more attractive to emerging authors, and technology has made it possible to self-promote on a mass scale. Publishing companies should keep this in mind and realize that to remain relevant they need to treat their writers with respect because without them, they literally have nothing to publish lol. Now I'm curious about the conflict so I will have to read up on it.

That being said, I really appreciate Del Rey -- Terry Brooks is one of my favourite writers and he's been publishing with them for many, many years. Hopefully Tracy and Margaret will receive better treatment from them than WoTC.

WoTC self appointed "sensitivity" editors to Margaret and Tracys work. They were going to sensor things and when these two said they wouldnt do that Wizards threatened to take the books away from them. Margaret and Tracy laid the ground work for DnD and Dragonlance was a part of that and Wizards dared to try to disrespect them and tamper with their creation to match their "new direction"? I am so glad they got away from them.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2022 :  16:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, another classic publishing house tale, re: the response I sent you in your Music of Darkness thread.

It's so sad, but I think writers are getting fed up with that sort of treatment. I think that Covid has sparked a reform in how employees are treated, and that definitely has trickled down into the creative communities as well. I fully support T&M's decision on this one, good for them!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000