Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  22:11:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just finished reading Vampire Hunter D journy to the North Sea part one and am now reading Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. So far its pretty good, think I'm going to like it.

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it does it still make a sound?

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people-"V"

I think your mother tells you stories to fool you into falling asleep so that she and your father can have three miesly miniuts alone with out your insesent commands. She took my toy, he hit my bell, I want a party, I want a cookie, I want to stay up. I want, I want, I want, me, me, me, mine, mine, mine, now, now, now, now *gasp* Dont you see child? They only tell you stories to shut you up- "Captain James Hook"
Go to Top of Page

marakor

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  14:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I finished "Rides a Dread Legion" by Raymond E. Feist not so long ago and it looks to be the start of yet another massivly successful saga.

I will not give out any spoilers but the ending of this first book of a new series is truly excellent.
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  14:43:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Book 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse books.

DM if you like Vamps you'll like this series. They're by Charlaine (spell?) Harris.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  16:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love vamps VD, exept for the Twilight vamps because they sparkle, but anyway thanks for the tip VD next time I'm at Chapters I'll look them up.

Name of the Wind, I'm only on chapter eleven but already I would recomend it to anyone and everyone. The main character Kvothe is epic, just the right mix of intelogents and arrogents. It starts out in third person describeing the Inn that he runs and introduceing him under the name he made for him self, Kote. Then when Chronicler shows up he asks for "Kote" to tell the story of his life because he is a legend and a wanted man in the world of the book, that is when it switches to first person.

I have been called Kvothe the Bloodless, Kvothe the Arcane, and Kvothe Kingkiller. I have earned those names. Bought and paid for them. I have stolen princesses from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age then most people are let in. I tread on paths by moonlight that others fear to speek of during the day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep. You may have heard of me.

Epicness

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it does it still make a sound?

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people-"V"

I think your mother tells you stories to fool you into falling asleep so that she and your father can have three miesly miniuts alone with out your insesent commands. She took my toy, he hit my bell, I want a party, I want a cookie, I want to stay up. I want, I want, I want, me, me, me, mine, mine, mine, now, now, now, now *gasp* Dont you see child? They only tell you stories to shut you up- "Captain James Hook"
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2009 :  14:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've gone on a little Sci-Fi binge. I read Island of Dr. Moreau and a bunch of sci-fi anthologies. Now I have gotten my hands on a copy of Midshipman's Hope and I'm reading that because of Slorg's suggestion.

-----
This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire!
Go to Top of Page

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2009 :  21:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah hah, finally!

Apparently it's getting rather difficult to snag a copy these days. Let us know what you think.

Go to Top of Page

basementgeek
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2009 :  23:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been trying to catch up on the Wild Cards series, but can't find copies of many of the books anywhere. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the series and need to find Double Solitaire before I can continue.

Really an awesome series for anybody who likes a gritty real-world take on super-powered people and their effect on the world.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  00:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have finished Name of the Wind and all I can say is oh my god I cant wait till the second book Wise Mans Fear. Rothfuss is a genious!

Finished reading the Golden Comppas today and well I wasnt too fussy over the writeing style but I will get and read the other two books.

Curently reading Dawnthief by James Barclay so far I like it.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  11:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm reading Ice and Fire again. =]

You should too.

-----
This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire!
Go to Top of Page

NinjaMaster 42
Advanced Member

USA
3303 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  11:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been Reading Forgotten Realms just finished reading Dragons of the Hourglass Mage and Started on the Dark Elf Triolgy. I wish they would make movies off some of these books... although i heard rumors of a Dark Elf movie for 2010. Who Knows.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas My Honor is my Life
Go to Top of Page

Kalowen
Advanced Member

USA
4472 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  17:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've mainly been reading Book Mafia books. (Books that aren't published yet)

The Good-bye Season (Good read, but depressing. I recoomend it if you need a story that reminds you that your life could suck more than it does. Comes out September 2009)

Matchless by Gregory McGuire (Comes out December 2009)

And Of course I read Hourglass Mage
Go to Top of Page

NinjaMaster 42
Advanced Member

USA
3303 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  22:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Books that i find depressing: The Eragon books, espically the third one.those books are so boring i fell asleep reading them. and the plot led up to nothing but more revalitions about Eragons Father. that didnt help the plot much either. in other words it sucked.

Go to Top of Page

Kalowen
Advanced Member

USA
4472 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2009 :  15:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should visit the Eragon thread. Its buried here somewhere...

Off topic: My librarian calls Eragon "Star Wars...but with Dragons."

Anywho. I'm about to read His Majesty's Dragon again to get ready for the project I'm putting together.

Please pray that it gets approved...
Go to Top of Page

NinjaMaster 42
Advanced Member

USA
3303 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2009 :  22:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HA HA HA HA!!!!!! Thats funny. i'll look up the thread sometime. good luck on your project by the way.

Go to Top of Page

Piper

USA
773 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  19:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished insomnia by Steven king I liked it is a wonderful book!!!!!!!

Self is the only prison that can ever bind the soul
Keep to the beam
Ka

PiPer
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000