Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2008 :  19:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a place to talk about what you're currently reading...or just started reading...or just finished. In case you didn't want to make a whole new topic for it or whatever.

I'm in the middle of reading A Murder of No Importance starring Oscar Wilde solving a murder mystery. With Sir Arthur Conan Doyle backing him up. Hell yeah.

---
I'm not a snob. Just overeducated.
DLMS Forums: We whinge because we care.

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2008 :  19:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds really neat! I am finishing up Dragons of the Highlord Skies. I will be starting The Sellsword soon. I hope that WOTC and Weis/Hickman are able to come to an agreement on DOHM...

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus
(The poster formerly known as Scanndalus)

Rules to live by:
Rule #1
Sirch is always right

Rule #2
If Sirch is ever wrong, please refer back to Rule #1
Go to Top of Page

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2008 :  03:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I read 1/2 of Dwarven Depths and got bored, so read 1/4 of Highlord Skies and got bored with it too (sheesh), so now I've started on Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows for the 3rd time.

Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2008 :  04:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slorg

Well, I read 1/2 of Dwarven Depths and got bored, so read 1/4 of Highlord Skies and got bored with it too (sheesh), so now I've started on Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows for the 3rd time.

Huh, I got bored 1/4 through Highlord Skies too. Wonder what's up with that.

---
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2008 :  17:03:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go back to DOHS. The end is worth it. Or maybe it was listening to the soundtrack CD that made it awesome. The last 2 or 3 chapters of DOHS is really good though.

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus
(The poster formerly known as Scanndalus)

Rules to live by:
Rule #1
Sirch is always right

Rule #2
If Sirch is ever wrong, please refer back to Rule #1
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2008 :  21:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting ready to start “Prisoner's Hope” which is the third book of “The Seafort Saga” of an eight book series.

Pretty good reading for Sci-Fi (space) fans!

...And all courtesy of the Slorg-mister for telling me about them.

...thanks Slorg!!!

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  08:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'v just started the Amber spyglass have to say I'v really enjoyed these books Pullman is exellent i'll be really pleased if they make theses in to movies too!!
but after i'v finished these in going on to a bit of supernatural rather that fantasy with 3 books called bitten,stolen and dime store magic bout werewolves an stuff
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  10:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im curently reading "The Eyes of God" by John Marco. Its realy well writen and the characters are wonderfuly complex. the only thing I'll say againced them is the fact that he dosnt realy discribe much. He leavs almost everything to the readers mind. Wich is good and bad because I like to visualise what I'm reading and the look of the characters and their seroundings is crusial but becase its such a good book I can live with it.
Go to Top of Page

Piper

USA
773 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  10:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrStatesTheObvious

quote:
Originally posted by Slorg

Huh, I got bored 1/4 through Highlord Skies too. Wonder what's up with that.

---

This is Kalowen.

PIper and I accually enjoyed Highlord Skies, but you kind of have to get to the winternorn part fo rit to start getting interesting.

I am currentlly reading the forth book in the Temeriare Series, Empire of Ivory.

I really reccommend this series, It is a alternate reallity during the war with Napoleon, but there is a twist. Dragons are a part of our everyday lives. It is really cool.

Piper is reading the Wheel of time series. I think she really likes Rand. But Pern and Matt are her favorite characters.

PIper's little brother Radar wants to make say that he is reading the Harry Potter series for the first time. He is on the Goblet of Fire. His mom is reading it to him, but give him a break he is only 7.

He has been dying to talk to you guys or so he says.-Kalowen
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  13:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh oh... Piper is now 3 people! Thats so cool that he is reading at that young an age. My mom read the hobbit with me, and it got me hooked on books!

Right now I am going back and fourth between the Player's hand book, and DMg for 4th edition. Does that count? Novels have taken a back seat for a short while until I get these rules all down pat.

but the last book I read was Devil may Care, the new Bond book. It was pretty sweet! A nice little tip of the hat to the rest of Ian Flemming's books about the world's fav secret agent man!

"Hey dad, my friends got some new ninja swords. Is it cool if we slash up this place?" -Everybody Get Dangerous, Red Album, Weezer
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  13:16:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished the Sellsword. I put a review in the thread named for it over in the DL General Discussion forum.

I'm reading the Player's Handbook and DMG 4th ed too, just not as in depth as James. I don't have a group out here so it isn't as pressing a need.

quote:
Originally posted by james

ps: Vodka is a devil that makes you go running around in the wilderness like Zombies are chasing you. Please drink in moderation!
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2008 :  12:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked up The Road by Cormac McCarthy. James, if you liked No Country for Old Men, get this. It's just as good and just as hard to put down.

"Unrealistic glib strawman."
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2008 :  12:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I am about to finish reading the Dragon Reborn and continue on in the Wheel of time Series. Do you think I should continue on the WoT or star a Song of Fire and Ice

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2008 :  12:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tasslehoff

Well I am about to finish reading the Dragon Reborn and continue on in the Wheel of time Series. Do you think I should continue on the WoT or star a Song of Fire and Ice

I haven't read WoT yet but I have heard it is brilliant (I think I'm going to read them while I wait for A Dance with Dragons ). I absolutely know that A Song of Ice and Fire is a tremendous series even if the author is taking forever to write them!

-----

If you have a problem with a user send me an email in my profile.

Edited by - Sirch on 22 Jul 2008 12:50:19
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2008 :  14:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am almost finished The Eyes of God and will be moveing on to The Devils Armor, second book in the sierise. At the same time I am also reading the second vol of the Vampier Hunter D manga.
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2008 :  17:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm re-reading the avatar series...on Tantras right now

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now,to give it a perfect ending,was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Alex -A Clockwork Orange

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000