Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  09:38:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The game seems fun, but I could never get into the Turn Based Combat. Its too slow for me and theres just not enough action. The only reason i would really want to get this game is because the story line seems like it would be good.

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2007 :  08:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it’s true: the combat style's slow and random encounters are annoying (especially when they happen RIGHT after one another) but there’s a lot to these games. The stories are awesome, music’s amazing, (depending on the player) 80+ hours game play, graphics (basically that’s a must nowadays though) and OF COURSE the chocobos! So is the combat just as slow in FFXII? I’m hearing from pretty much everyone that it’s a lot better….

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius

Edited by - Golden_eyes on 26 Aug 2007 08:52:46
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2007 :  18:12:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to enjoy turn based or or time based combat sometimes it adds a level of tactical play that most other real time games are missing. Unless it had Ninja Gaiden style real time combat cause that would be sweet.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2007 :  02:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only TBCish game i've played and liked is Star wars Knights of the old republic

Go to Top of Page

PunkxBoy
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  17:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think i can safely say What attracted millions of people into Final Fantasy was the story line. It's extremly deep. Now I personally have only played FF7 and FF8 i wasn't a big MMO fan until WoW came out so i never tried the online Final Fantasy's I think if a new one came out i'de give it a shot. But I Loved Final Fantasy 7 and still play it on an ocasion. I love the ex-soldier story and the graphics for a relatively old game.

Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2007 :  11:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
love final fantasy, 8 is my fav i really love the story infact the ending made me cry so much my parents for a joke had the cover art put on my 18th birthday cake but 10 and 10.2 i love too. i'm suck a sucker for a love story!! save the world get the girl and all that! squall,tidus,cloud rock!!

check me out at
www.myspace.com/jemmiekaye
Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  14:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you should check out you tube if you a die hard fan they've got some exellent X.2 music videos!!!

check me out at
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  16:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ff12 combat is amazing! The encounters are still "random" kind of. But instead of being magially wisked away to a battle screen everytime you have to fight, the monsters are walking around in the world with you and you can see them!
It is still turn based, but you can set your characters up to do specific things under certain cituations and have them prioritised. For example I have one character set up with the cure spell as the top priority, and attack enemy as the second.If a charater needs healing, then that guy will do it automatically. And it gets way more indepth too, like cure if a characters health is less than 50%, etc...

The story line is quite possible one of the best story lines to be included in this series ever. I've played virtually all of the games to date (missed a few on game boy) and it is top notch. A country stuck in the middle of two waring nations, WMDs, betrayl among the ranks of both friends and alies... Oh, and more air ships than you can shake a stick at!

Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?
—Favorite kender expression, Dragons of Winter Night
Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2007 :  11:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the only one that let me down was 9 i mean come on the hero had a tail hello!!!! the guys where much better in7,8,10,12 i do wish they we're books though so i could just pop them in my hand bag istead of spending a whole sunday trying to get as far as a movie clip!!

check me out at
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2007 :  18:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought nine was fine, at least the hero wasn't super emo.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2007 :  11:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what does emo mean????

check me out at
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  00:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
emo means depressed and semi-suicidal. or pretty much anyway. I liked 9 too. I didn't get to play it the whole way through "damn rental late charges!" but I liked the throw back to the different colour mages: white, red and black,from the original game.

Go to Top of Page

Lozoso
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  14:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The greatest Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy Tactics for one really good reason: You get to decide what the hero is going to be. As well as every other member of your company. That is what I liked about the first FF too. I think the option of that class (and for tactics what secondary class) you want your people to be instead of the hero always being a fighter , he/she has a thief friend and some one is always a healer is too boring.
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2007 :  18:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah! That was really cool! I loved the story line in tactics too. Altho battles could take for EVER especially if you want to get exp points early on in the game...

it would be interesting to be able to choose your class again. I wonder how they would work it into their huge plots? I mean the games have gotten to be so jam packed with storyand character development, it seems nearly impossible to be able to put in an original character. The only way I could see it happening is if you were able to record the pronouciation of your character's name, and then having the computer synk it up with the voices of all the characters who use it. I guess not too complicated... How many gaming systems have mics?

Oh! I just thought of a really cool aspect where you could incorporate your own voice into the game, you start with reading a few of the lines, and from that the computer builds up a profile of you voice and then finishes off the rest of the sentences for you! You could even build your character to resemble you! OMG, how cool would it be to be running around in a final fantasy game interacting with everyone using your own voice and everything? So sweet!

Go to Top of Page

smax140

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  00:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EMO-tional
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly