Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2006 :  11:38:37  Show Profile
Hi Guys,

The studio marketing honchos have finally given the greenlight for a lot more information about the upcoming movie to be released, so in the coming weeks and months we'll be able to bring you considerably more than we have to date.

In the next few weeks, DLMS will be interviewing Will Meugniot, the director of the animated movie. I thought it would be a great opportunity to include some questions "from the floor" so to speak.

So please feel free to respond to this post (or contact me by email) to suggest any questions you'd like us to ask Will. We'll select a group of the best and include them in the interview.

Ben Craig,
Editor - Dragonlance Movie Site

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2006 :  15:23:59  Show Profile
Has he had any connection with the books prior to the movie? thats my Q

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

tonkatough

Australia
561 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  01:08:51  Show Profile
Yeah I have a question regarding the movie.

Considering that the running time is 90 min and that the group of main heros consist of eight main characters. What are the challanges of spreading out the screen time between all the main characters with in the story? Which characters have the least screen time due to time restraints? Plus considering that in nearly every scene, all eight characters are seen together, how difficult is it to animate them all and compose them in shots?

Go to Top of Page

zengodfather

USA
420 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  07:27:18  Show Profile
My only question is to know how much deviation is there from the books to the movie? Is the majority of the story unaltered or are we going to expect a good amount of edits from book to screen?

=========================================

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

ryven
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  16:13:29  Show Profile
Hello all. I am curious as to what type of animation is being used, and how realistic it will be? I have seen the pedigrees for the Director and the animation company. I personally am hoping for something more along the lines of the Final Fantasy:Spirits Within than their collective past works. I just really don't feel that Xmen or ghostbusters style graphics will do proper justice to Weis and Hickman's and TSR's world.

Another question is why Weis and Hickman only were used for script approval, and not used more as resources for the entire project?

thanks for the time. Look forward to seeing the result in a year.
Go to Top of Page

Zahj
Starting Member

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  19:44:20  Show Profile
Just as Zengodfather posted, I would also like to know how much of the book we are not going to see on the big screen. What major events are we likely to see and what part of the story is being cut out. It's a heafty story and we all know not to expect every detail shown on the big screen. What is the main story path, the film is likey to take?

Nothing ever happens by chance.Everything happens for a reason. your brain may never figure it out. But your heart knows. Your heart always knows.

- Horkin, Master-at-Wizardry
Go to Top of Page

the_third_eye
Starting Member

Israel
1 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  08:06:14  Show Profile
first of all ,
i would like to thank the crew that working on the film.
no matter how it will end-up, in my opinion you're amazing.
the dragonlance series brougth to my life a new meaning of understanding in my darkest hours.and most of all, the series teached me how to be a better person.

- sorry if it will turn out ... long and boring...

i'm a huge fan of dragonlance and the death gate-cycle series.
( my favorite series of all time are the death gate-cycle series ).
the books in my opinion are not just fantasy stories that take place in a fantasy world. i think that when margaret and tracy wrote the books they tried not only to tell a fantasy story but to tell their opinions on the way things are and how to make the most of your life.
i believe they've tried to write between the lines their ideology and their self-opinions.
very similiar to the lord of the rings trilogy, tolkien has put in his series lot's of self-opinions , ideology and etc.
( for examples : the environment issue , even though it's not literaly written ).
and i think that those components are what makes the differences between a good book and an unforgettable book.
margaret and tracy are the masters of this skill

my question is :

is there any emphasis on the ideology of the plot or the screenplay
is more an action-film type ?

what is the most important thing in directing such a film - animated fantasy film ?
the original music ? the colorful backgrounds that will revive the world? the extraordinary creatures ? the plot ? the fights ? the characters ? their voices ? ... you got the point

last question...

in the dragonlance series Michael Williams wrote some amazing songs...will there be any sign of them ?
( and if so ,will the characters sing them ? )

thank you very much for your time.

the_third_eye.

Edited by - the_third_eye on 10 Dec 2006 21:20:12
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2006 :  11:00:10  Show Profile
Thanks for all the questions guys. There's some good stuff here. We'll use some of the questions, and a few more will be held back for when we interview writer George Strayton and composer Karl Preusser (because I think the questions are more suitable for them).

Ben
Editor - Dragonlance Movie Site.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000