Can't say I've ever heard of 'filter'.

(Above images made by me)
Go to Top of Page

IdealistSavior04
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  05:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, i can't figure out the quote thing, but yeah, to answer Immolatus, I've heard of Vagrant Story. I've been trying to get a copy for ages, but game stores don't seem to like me, and eBay isn't my thing. The character designs and script are absolutely beautiful, though, and I've wanted the game ever since I heard about it. Sydney seems like such an original character.

Favorite Final Fantasy is FF8 (am listening to "Eyes on Me" right now). FF7 was great, too, and liking FF8 best probably has less to do with the game than with absolutely adoring Squall and only liking Cloud. But no one can hold a candle to Sephiroth and FF7's plot, so FF7 is the better game, if not my personal favorite. And the one with Kefka and Terra is great too, if only for Kefka's quirky chortle ^^.

"The man who could call a spade a spade should be compelled to use one" - Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  18:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. If there is one thing that I like more than Dragonlance, its Final Fantasy. I have very fond memories of my friend Bryand and I sitting in front of the nes trying for days to figure out where to go to get the rowboat in the fist FF game! That plot was awesome and I miss being able to control 4 characters at once. Why only 3 now?

I just started FF12 about 2 weeks ago and I'm already 50+ hours into it. Oh my god, if you're a fan of this series and haven't played it yet, its effing bomb! The graphics are so cool, which is getting to be a little cliche now, but the story is great too. You see two sides of a cold war, and there are vague refrences to "nuclear power" (as I see it anyway). But the biggest change is the battle system they incorporated. No more random fights, you actually see your enemies and engage them right there on the terrain you're running around on!
The only thing I don't like about the game is that its pretty much all I do now. My girlfriend bought a new tv, just so she can watch her shows. (she got tired of my excuse of "I'll stop at the next save point" and then play for another hour or two..)
Go to Top of Page

UncleRavenlock

Canada
230 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  09:11:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like FF and have always liked it, it is my favorite game to play. I enjoyed playing FF10 and 10-2, and FF9. I also enjoyed playing Dragon Warrior and Dragon Quest. Not sure if you guys have ever played them, but I think Dragon Quest 8 was put together quite well. It was a blast to play and I am kicking myself for selling my PS2 with all my games! *cry*

Uncle Ravenlock, the Grouchy dwarf.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  15:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FF4 FF7 and FF8 are my favorite final fantasy games. I havent played FF12 because my PS2 is giving me read errors every now and again.

As for Dragon Warrior, I have the first one. Yea DW graphics go!

I never liked FF10 and never got the chance to play FF6, so... I don't know.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2007 :  17:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I'm about 80 hours into FF12, and I still don't see an end in site. Nor do I have an airship yet... very dissapointed with that aspect of the game.
But on the other hand, airships are all over the place and some of the towns look like they are right out of the Star Wars movies (new ones) with all the air trafic buzzing around in them!
But the free roam aspect of the game is pretty cool, same thing with the world maps. You don't get one big thing, but a local map that you can follow and trace where you need to go. The world is amazing looking and the new battle system is effing cool! If you're a fan of this series, get this game. The first hour or two is boring, but its gets way awesome after that!
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2007 :  21:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I'm the only one posting on this thread now, but I don't really care. If you have a PS2, this is the highlight game for the final fantasy world. The new battle system, I really can't say enough about it. Its nearly perfect. The story line is a little complex but also very intresting.
I finally got to the end of it, or at least can finish it easily, but I'm off doing all the side quests, god love them :)
If you liked any of the games before, I highly recomend this one.
Go to Top of Page

Mage Of Black Robes
Starting Member

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2007 :  11:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i own all of the games....and i own all 3 movies...even the remastered ff1-2 even Ehrgeiz, which is a pretty fun game.

i have to agree with most people, the game that made FF what it is today FF7 is still the best, and i agree i wish they would re-make it for better graphics and get voice actors

FFX-X2 was lame.....
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2007 :  18:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FF7 certainly did help the games get to where they are now. But my all time fave is still FF6. From what I know of the games, it was the most in depth and easy to follow stories. And you got to love how they incorporated things like using a pheonix down on the ghost train kills it instantly. Shadow was so bad ass, and Locke was pretty damn cool too!
And I don't recall any other game before it where you could do so many side quests. Which of course led to them expanding that aspect of the game in FF7.
And whats all this talk about 3 movies? I only know of 2.... Spirits within and AC
Go to Top of Page

Mage Of Black Robes
Starting Member

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  03:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AC, SW, and LO, 3 movies.

plus i own the dvd boxset for the anime..which i don't even like..
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  05:23:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you buy Last Order seperately? It's only like 20-30 minutes long and it comes on the collectors addition of AC.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  16:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Sirch, that abreviates title did nothing for me. Thanks for clearing it up. Guess I should have waitied until the platinum version came out. Is Last Order any good?
Go to Top of Page

Mage Of Black Robes
Starting Member

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  16:31:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nope i got mine in the pre-order of the DVD, but it's 30-35 minutes long so its still a short film and considered a film....and yes it's a good short little movie.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  18:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's ok, it is about Cloud and Zach escaping from Shinra, Cloud is a vegitable basically the whole show. They made some weird decisions about showing the past imo.

-----
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2007 :  23:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mage Of Black Robes

FFX-X2 was lame.....

I agree. I don't like how you have to get 100% to see a certain ending...I don't suppose anyone beaten Trema and Paragon in the via infinito? I've had the game for about 2 years and haven't actually beaten it because I can't get past Trema! AHRG GAH! just typing about it is getting me all mad again!

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000