Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2008 :  10:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the GRRM site:

Parris is off in Kansas City, having fun at ConQuest. I'm here at home, working, working, working. It's not fair, it isn't. Waaaah.

I am getting a lot done. Finished an Arya chapter yesterday, and a Sansa chapter the day before. (And before you guys assume I'm writing a chapter a day, I said "finished," not "wrote." Large portions of these particular chapters were written years ago. A chapter a day? I wish). Felt good to get them done. Been making a lot of progress with Dany too.

Even so, the time is going by so fast. I grow ever more pessimistic, but I can't think about dates and deadlines now. My mantra remains the same. One chapter at a time, one page at a time, one sentence at a time.

Does not sound like we'll be getting DANCE by the fall....

"Unrealistic glib strawman."
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2008 :  22:11:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like not much is going on with the the HBO miniseries. The writers are on the "second draft" of the pilot, and if the series ever develops, the BBC may be partnered into it. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

"Unrealistic glib strawman."
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2008 :  11:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like a bit of news on the hbo front. From George's notablog:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Sep. 9th, 2008 at 6:05 PM

I have some exciting news to share.

(But please, guys and gals, don't get TOO excited. This is what it is, and so far that's all it is, so don't make any assumptions).

HBO has just exercised its option, and purchased the television rights to A GAME OF THRONES.

For those of you who don't know Hollywood, an option gives a production company the right to buy a property (a book, a screenplay, whatever) at a certain agreed-upon price for a certain period of time (a year, six months, whatever). When that time runs out, they can let the option lapse, renew the option, or exercise the option and buy the property. The last is what HBO has just done.

What they have NOT done is greenlight the project. A GAME OF THRONES remains in development. They're still budgeting, still looking at locations (Spain and the Czech Republic at present, I hear). No decision has been reached, so any celebration would be premature. In Hollywood it is always best not to assume something is going to happen until it actually happens.

Even so... this is a very encouraging sign, and one that suggests a continued high level of enthusiasm and commitment for A GAME OF THRONES at HBO.

So keep your fingers crossed.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2008 :  14:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally wrote up a post about this and then... closed the window or something? Bleh.

Anyway, it's good news and exciting since there is no mention of BBC in there. I had kind of given up hope of the project but now I'm excited again.

-----

If you have a problem with a user send me an email in my profile.
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2008 :  14:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just came back from a business trip and I'm going on 4 hours of sleep in the last 34.

Wide awake now and jumping around for joy!

"How do God and Devil combine to form a live dog?"
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  15:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George is venting on his website. Now saying Dance may be released this September, but he'll get to it whenever he wants to.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2009 :  21:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy incestuous relationships, Batman! I'm listening to the A Game of Thrones on Audio CD. I am only like 4 disks into it and there have already been like 3 brother/sister sex scenes! WTF? Is the whole series like this?

Check out my fanfic on Lucius' and Arial's romance at the following link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4658602/1/We_Met_at_the_Inn_of_the_Last_Home
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2009 :  22:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jaime and Cersei are gross.

I don't know what equivalent page you are on in the books. If you can give me other plot details and I can give you a better picture of what to expect from those two.

The book isn't about their twincest btw. It's just important to note what is going on there. =o

-----

This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire!

Edited by - Sirch on 25 Sep 2009 22:44:21
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2009 :  22:44:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ummm, Bran fell and is in a coma. John is leaving for "The Wall". And the chick that is an exiled princess just got a horse as a wedding present.

Check out my fanfic on Lucius' and Arial's romance at the following link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4658602/1/We_Met_at_the_Inn_of_the_Last_Home
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2009 :  22:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just note that the nature of their relationship is rather important in the series.

Also bear in mind that the book is very medieval and very mean. It should come with a disclaimer. =)

-----

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2009 :  22:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm enjoying it so far. John Snow is SUPER cool. And I can't wait to find out just how cool the Dire Wolves are.

I would read it instead of listening to it, but they won't let me read novels at work, but since they let people listen to music, they can't stop me from listening to books.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2009 :  23:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jon Snow is super cool.

I have never heard the audio book but Martin seems to be pretty involved in the way the books are distributed so I'm sure that the person reading them is doing an awesome job.

-----

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  09:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He has a very peasant English voice for all of the characters. Some of these voice actors are really incredible. I've listened to several of Robert Jordan's books and one of Brandon Sanderson's books. They can evoke such vivid images in your mind. And the cool thing is that they pronounce the names and places the way that the author intended, not the way that my mind puzzles it out.

And the guy that is doing A Game of Thrones is doing a great job.

Here is a sample of the audio book: http://www.audible.com/adbl/store/CJProduct.jsp?productID=BK_RAND_000349

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2009 :  11:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Three cheers for Scan for picking up the best fantasy books out there right now and joining our "club". Glad you're enjoying them buddy.

Ha, I remember thinking the same thing that you are now when I read the books for the first time. Jon Snow is the man. Tyrion however is still my favorite.

"Also bear in mind that the book is very medieval and very mean. It should come with a disclaimer. =)" So true Sirch. Especially the mean. But I would also add that it is very REAL.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  22:01:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a point in one of the books where I put the book down and felt like I couldn't read anymore. Of course I picked the book back up 5 minutes later and continued!

There is a lot of conflict going on in the book and because of that people die. Even if you like them. =(

-----

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000