Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

graren

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  08:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, my mistake. I might have read it wrong. I thought you were going for the angle of he's being told he is the son of a stark but he feels that he isn't.

I'm not a scientist, statistics have no meaning to me.
I'm an artist, expressions of feeling are how I see the world.
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2007 :  01:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm more than halfway thru Thrones again and I haven't found that many references to this theory. Here's an interesting thing: The first sentence of the Eddard chapter on page 424 Ned thinks of Lyanna "lying in blood". This is followed by Ned's dream of his fight with the remaining members of the Kingsguard outside a tower. After some words with the Kingsguard, the two sides clash and Eddard hears Lyanna scream "Eddard" and then the ambiguous "promise me".

I have a few questions: What does Ned's fight against the last of the Kingsguard still loyal to Aerys have to do with Lyanna's death? Why does Ned think of her before and after this battle? Why were they not at the Trident or at Kings Landing like Ned asks? Ser Georld says that they were "far away". If those three were at the Trident, then the outcome could have been different there. So where the hell were they?

"Per me si va ne l'etterno dolore" - Dante Alighieri
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2007 :  21:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, here's a couple more. On page 631, Ned remembers a tourney when Rhaegar wins the jousting competition and he rides past his wife Elia, and he places the beauty laurel in Lyanna's lap. They were a "crown of winter roses, blue as frost." Then the ol' "Promise me, Ned" appears a few sentences later.

On page 710, Dany contemplates her death to save Drogo's.
"She told herself she would die for him, if she must. She was the blood of the dragon, she would not be afraid. Her brother Rhaegar had died for the woman he loved." There's no way Dany could be talking about Elia here.

Blue roses are mentioned all over the place. Rhaegar first confessed his love for Lyanna at the joust by giving her the beauty laurel. Lyanna is described as dying with "blood and the scent of blue roses."
It makes sense.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2007 :  14:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vassor Doss

I'm more than halfway thru Thrones again and I haven't found that many references to this theory. Here's an interesting thing: The first sentence of the Eddard chapter on page 424 Ned thinks of Lyanna "lying in blood". This is followed by Ned's dream of his fight with the remaining members of the Kingsguard outside a tower. After some words with the Kingsguard, the two sides clash and Eddard hears Lyanna scream "Eddard" and then the ambiguous "promise me".

I have a few questions: What does Ned's fight against the last of the Kingsguard still loyal to Aerys have to do with Lyanna's death? Why does Ned think of her before and after this battle? Why were they not at the Trident or at Kings Landing like Ned asks? Ser Georld says that they were "far away". If those three were at the Trident, then the outcome could have been different there. So where the hell were they?

I just woke up after a 22 hour travel day so I am a little bit tired (don't ask me why I planned like that) but what I can clear up for you here, if thats what your asking is that those KingGuard were guarding Lyanna. I beleive it is said that Rhaegar took Lyanna, Robert says he raped her but I think hes biased, and put her in a tower in Dorne. With from the description of that remembered scene, the best of the Kingsguard.

Lyanna is describes as lying in her bloody bed asking promise me Ned which makes me think she died in her birthing bed, rape victim or not. A bit to chew on, Mirra Mizza, or whatever her name is, is talking to Dany about how she can assist her with giving birth by saying she knows the secrets of the bloody bed. It could be a connotation Martin uses for a birth bed.

Another thing to consider, just pumping up Rhaegar here a bit I'll say that even Ned seems to have appreciation for the man. When he is visiting the brothel to take a look at one of Robert's bastards he wonders if Rhaegar ever slept with whores and then the book states he thinks it was not likely. It would be strange of him to have thoughts like that about someone who raped his sister...

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2007 :  19:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Concerning that plot I had, I found a old website I had read that had allowed to me even have this little conspiracy theory. It is very complete and the other two theories for Jons parentage in it.

http://towerofthehand.com/articles/a/0011/

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2007 :  01:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

Concerning that plot I had, I found a old website I had read that had allowed to me even have this little conspiracy theory. It is very complete and the other two theories for Jons parentage in it.

http://towerofthehand.com/articles/a/0011/

-----

That's a really good site. Someone's been spending alot of time reading and analyizing these books!!!

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2007 :  01:12:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New chapter posted on Martin's website from Dance with Dragons.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

A little taste for those who can not wait anymore.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2007 :  01:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I already got the chance to read it. I like his practice of doing that, it shows he has some good content written and hes working on it, I'm sure it is good for him as well, keeps the fans attentive.

I spotted a typo in it yesterday, i'm sure it's gone by now.

-----
Go to Top of Page

Carlin

Australia
112 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2007 :  08:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a thought...the dragon must have three heads...Dany...Jon (assuming our little musing are correct)...who will be the third?
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2007 :  00:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good question. And one that I have no freakin clue of who it could be.
Arya, perhaps?

I have a feeling that Gendry will have something to do with something important by the end of the series. I just don't see how Jon Arryn and Ned Stark would both make such a big deal about him and then have him written off as Dondarrion's new blacksmith.

Go to Top of Page

Carlin

Australia
112 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2007 :  01:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will be another woman, I think - perhaps the milk brother of Jon, as he was a Plumm (a Plumm man that serves Dany swears there's a drop of dragon blood in his veins) and had violet eyes - who might he truly be?...here's another conspiracy theory...could it be that the realm of Westeros went to war over a woman, not for the throne at all? It was only after Rhaegar 'abducted' Lyanna that Robert truly began war. It is true that Aerys was mad as a hatter and it was better for all that he die, but maybe it was the thought of Lyanna sitting at the side of Rhaegar that pushed Robert over the edge...hell hath no fury as the lover scorned, be they man or woman.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2007 :  02:21:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why haven't you guys mentioned Viserys, I know he is dead but he was Dany's brother and he did have a important impact on her life.

-----
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2007 :  02:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True, but from the time we are introduced to him he is depicted as being weak and dominating. The total opposite of Jon and Dany. For Viserys to be the third head of the dragon doesn't make much sense.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2007 :  04:05:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^ We know that Rhaegar isn't the type to go sleeping with any and everyone and It would not make much sense for the third head of the dragon to not be a Targaryen. The only other possible Targaryen we know of is the squire that Arya met, and the Violet eyes might also be a trait of the Dornish people (I might be mistaken on that but I think it is). Who else would be the third head?

-----
Go to Top of Page

Carlin

Australia
112 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2007 :  11:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the one I was talking about, wasn't he a Plumm? Also, haven't mentioned Viserys because he's now dead...he can't be the third dragon...my money is on that squire, Jon's milk brother with the violet eyes - he may be Aegon!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000