Page: of 18

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2009 :  23:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scann, you may want to avoid this.

Spoiler:
Sirch, Dave, and whoever else: What do you think about Renly and Loras being gay and the whole Rainbow Guard thing? Martin has stated that a Rainbow has 7 colors meant to represent the 7 Gods and he did not mean to connect it to gay pride, but c'mon! It's too bloody obvious.
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2009 :  23:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the warning! I wish I had brought my CD player to work today. Oh well, I'll get plenty of time tomorrow.

Check out my fanfic on Lucius' and Arial's romance at the following link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4658602/1/We_Met_at_the_Inn_of_the_Last_Home
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2009 :  23:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't read this Scann. =P

You mean Ser Loras? The froofy Knight of Flowers who rides around wearing capes made of flowers and flower inspired armor? The head of the Rainbow Guard?

Actually I don't think that Martin did that on purpose, he was throwing out a ton of hints already. It almost seems so obvious as to be overlooked. Actually the first time I read it I didn't think anything about the whole rainbow thing.

But I also can't read the books without laughing about that now. It just seems so ridiculously wrong. Like amidst all the turmoil of ASoIaF Renly was throwing out a little gay pride.

-----

This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire!

Edited by - Sirch on 07 Oct 2009 23:41:55
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2009 :  14:33:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sam is so cool! I wonder if Ned is dead. I want to punch Sansa in the throat. How could one father have so many children with such disparate personalities? She is a friggin MORON!!! Arya is awesome.

Check out my fanfic on Lucius' and Arial's romance at the following link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4658602/1/We_Met_at_the_Inn_of_the_Last_Home

Edited by - Scanndalus on 09 Oct 2009 20:06:43
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2009 :  10:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeoff (spelling?) is a deadman. I have a feeling that Sansa will be the one to kill him, probably as he fights Rob or Jon.

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2009 :  11:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joff is a douchebag. You're getting warmer with your guessing.
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2009 :  11:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was some great character development with Sansa in the tower scene as she realized that he couldn't make her SEE the heads. I have a feeling that she is going to get a lot cooler. I also think that Catlyn will lose her damn mind when she hears about Ned. Rob will grow up by about 30 years in a minute and Jon is going to become as cold as ice. All conjecture though.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2009 :  13:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of your guesses are pretty interesting.

I think Sansa gets a little more bearable from this point on but she is still the most annoying pov character in my opinion. Important political elements are viewed from her however.

-----

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2009 :  14:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't go so far as to say "bearable". But I agree with the political elements.

I feel like a proud papa watching his son experience life right before his eyes with you reading these books for the first time Scann.
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2009 :  23:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, I've got to finish the last two disks tonight. They are due back today and I don't want to incur late fees by keeping it until Tuesday.

I love how at the end of a book, things build and build and make you want to keep going until it's over. LOL

Ok, back to the audio book!

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2009 :  12:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So did you manage to finish the discs?

The book is 800 pages long and the shortest in the series. =O

-----

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2009 :  22:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, I finished it, but I wasn't able to hit the library before I left. I'll have to drop it off on Monday.

Deneiries (I know that can't possibly be spelled right) is freakin' weird! A baby dragon on both breasts and one around her neck! Whoa!

It'll probably be a month or two until I get on book 2. I've got two other books I need to read and those George R R Martin audiobooks are hard to get a hold of.

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  16:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got lucky and they had the next book on CD at the library. I can sooooooo picture Sansa plunging a dagger into Joff's back. And I am going to really enjoy Tyrion as the Hand. It will be great to see he and Cersie struggle for power. I wonder what kind of trouble Arya will get herself in. I wouldn't put it past her to join the Knights' Watch.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  17:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arya gets into a LOT of trouble. =)

-----

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  17:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And Arya's POV introduces one of the best characters in the series, Jaqen H'Ghar.

Edited by - Vassor Doss on 20 Oct 2009 17:11:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000