Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2006 :  20:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I mentioned it multiple times but these are awesome books. They are definetly geared more towards a more mature audience but they come highly suggested. Great books, one of the best epics I have ever read.

Edited by - Sirch on 27 Feb 2007 18:21:05

graren

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2006 :  23:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i love the books! still waiting for "feast of crows" (or is it "feast <i>for</i> crows"?) to come out on paper back. that little brat price who thinks is now king buggs me to no end. some books show characters in only one light, but here, you see how they think, know their fears, and see them through the eyes of the other characters. and everytime you think something will happen, something goes wrong. i think it shows the complexities(sp?) of the world very well.

Long live Lord Snow!

i'm not a scientist, statistics have no meaning to me. i'm an artist, expressions of feeling are how i see the world.
Go to Top of Page

rtranson2
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  15:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. You truly don't know what to expect next. He's not afraid to maim or kill off some main characters so you really are left wondering what will happen next.

"Shirak."
Go to Top of Page

graren

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  07:45:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"some" lol almost an understatment! spoiler--->>>not unly does he kill them, some he brings back to life!

i'm not a scientist, statistics have no meaning to me. i'm an artist, expressions of feeling are how i see the world.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  15:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only all my favorite main characters get killed in some way.

Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  06:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I can't believe I haven't looked into these books before. I saw them briefly but didn't think they were fantasy.

Definitely must check them out.

Kill the men! Kill the elves!
Save the gold for ourselves!
Go to Top of Page

hytanthas

52 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  23:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i looked these books up on google and i didnt really get it, so is it more like medieval type fantasy or more kind of dragonlance fantasy with things like goblins and magic and that kind of thing?

who walks around without a kerchief!
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  02:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is its own world. Theres magic most definetly, there were dragons in the world. It is very good, its not standard high fantasy with elves and dwarves and goblins but its still fantasy.

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  03:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm intriged, I'm gonna check them out. What is the first volume in the series? (Too lazy to look it up myself)...

"I wanted to tell her that sometimes, in my long sleep, I dreamt of her." --Waaaaaistlin
Go to Top of Page

graren

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  06:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the 1st book is a game of thrones.

kind of medeival in the sense that it deals alot with the nobility and all their plotting over each other for either power, or the right to rule their lands as they please. also has strong idealogical themes. the north, still mostly believes in the old peganesk ways, and the south which has an almost christan like religion. shows alot of the clash and comprimise between the two trying to co-exist. and of course, you cant forget the far north, beyond the wall, where the wilds still rule the land

Edited by - graren on 27 Oct 2006 06:08:49
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  14:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You cant forget the eastern lands over the sea, and the 'lands over the sea' arent really tolkienesque, they arent a mystical place they normally just dont deal with them that much.

Go to Top of Page

hytanthas

52 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  22:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds like theyre pretty cool ill probably start reading after ive read all the dragonlance books at least once.

who walks around without a kerchief!
Go to Top of Page

graren

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  02:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All? that will take quite some time! theres quite a few there

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  18:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just picked up Book I. I'll let you know what I think in a bit.

"I wanted to tell her that sometimes, in my long sleep, I dreamt of her." --Waaaaaistlin
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2006 :  01:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm about 70 pages in and so far I have two words to say about it: Jon Snow.

Go to Top of Page

graren

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2006 :  09:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000