Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Fantasy Discussion
 Books
 Fantasy books you'd like adapted to film/t.v./etc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  00:24:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd rather people not even try to make movies if they are just going to suck.

IMO the Eragon movie wasn't very good because of the source material. It's a generic chosen one fantasy story complete with the princess.

-----
This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire!
Go to Top of Page

NinjaMaster 42
Advanced Member

USA
3303 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  11:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. there are movies in 70s and 80s that are better than the crap they are pulling now.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas My Honor is my Life
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2009 :  22:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it turns out The Book of Lost Things is going to be made into a movie. Given the director I'm a wee bit worried.

Back on topic...um fantasy...

Vampires are fantasy right? Right? >.>

I'd like Vampire Winter, Those who Hunt the Night, and They Thirst to be made into movies. The plots are so good and fast-paced that it's hard to mess up. And they need to remake The Keep.

Go to Top of Page

NinjaMaster 42
Advanced Member

USA
3303 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2009 :  06:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NO MORE TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

MY ISLAND!!!!!!!!!-Stephan, Braveheart
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2009 :  23:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree full heartedly NM, no more vamp movies piriod the idea is getting old think of somthing new already. I like vampires as much as the next person but enough is enough.

Anyhow one book I would realy like to see adapted into a movie would be Whitechaple Gods by S.M.Peters. Just because the world, the consept, and the characters he created were so memorable. That and I could actualy picture the actors that would be perfect for some of the lead roles while I was reading it. Like Sean Connory as Baily the patriotic "god save the queen' english gentleman and Hugo Weaving as the devilishly twisted and coniveing John Scared. It would be brillient

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people-"V"

"I once knew a man who took off all his cloths and jumped on a cactus. When I asked him why he did it he said it seemed like a good idea at the time" (Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven)
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2009 :  23:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with DM and NM no more Vamps!!! Although I still kind of stuck in the "UNDERWORLD" Series.....
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  00:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I hate most vampire stories (cause I think their version of vampires SUCK) so I can agree with that.

The idea of Dracula is terrifying. How did we get to sparkly romantic vampires being the norm. >_>

-----

Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  00:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Romantic vampires are common to see and I dont mind that image too much. But the idea of them sparkleing in the sun is just ridiculous Dracula was and always will be the utimate vampire, and the only one realy capable of scareing anyone.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people-"V"

"I once knew a man who took off all his cloths and jumped on a cactus. When I asked him why he did it he said it seemed like a good idea at the time" (Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven)
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  00:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you do not like 'Underworld' DM?
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  00:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just feel that vampires should be scary. I have never felt the whole romantic vampire thing was effective. =\

Oh well.

-----

Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  00:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant say Fiz man because I havent seen any of the Underworld movies or any of the Blade movies either.

If ya think about it Sirch vampires have always been assosiated with romance and sex appeal, even Dracula. Both in the book and in the movie by Fancis Ford Coppla, Elizabeth Harker did fall in love with Dracula. Plus Dracula had a host of very attractive female vampires living in the catacombs of his castle, no guess as to what their perpose in that castle was.

Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  00:42:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the action did for me mainly.....
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  01:16:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't consider that romance though. I would consider it sinister in nature as Dracula is attempting to 'seduce' the virtuous Mina. He isn't worried about love.

To me vampires lose their luster when they are running around falling in love with people. They are damned creatures that suck the blood out of people not romantic individuals. =E

-----

Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  01:25:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I see ur point. Ppl do try to put them in too good of a light somtime. Example the Vampires of Twilight are made to seem as if there is nothing bad about them at all. But I will dissagree on one point and say that Stoker tried I think to place Dracula as a tragic character since he failed to save his true love and so turned his back uppon the church and chose to become a vampire.

Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  01:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do see the point that Vamp are indeed evil incarnate. I just like the storyline of them against werewolves is all. a little something different ya know?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000