Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kalowen
Advanced Member

USA
4472 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2008 :  12:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here we go another "That's soooo not how it went!!" or "That's not in the book." or my favorite "Why did they leave that out?!?!" movie.

Twilight

Personally I can't wait to see it, I only wish it comes out a week before it is supposed too, so that it will come out on my birthday. That would be awesome!!!

Shun the Non believer!!!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2008 :  15:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister is totally excited to see this movie. She is on book 4 right now and is taking her time with it so that it will never end! lol.
Personally I love a good vampire movie, and this might do until Underworld comes out.

"You can't stop art!!!"
"You have Satan french kissing the president of America!"
Hamlet 2
Go to Top of Page

killerdx

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2008 :  16:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it might be good but i will have to see it to belive it.
Go to Top of Page

Kalowen
Advanced Member

USA
4472 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2008 :  19:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea my sister bought tickets to see it Saturday night!!!

I'm so excited.

*dreamy look in eyes*

Shun the Non believer!!!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
What did we learn on the show tonight Craig?
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  16:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know nothing about the books really, but I just read a hillarious critique on the film. Apparently Edward's skin shimers in day light? Well the guy writing the critique dared me to try and keep a straight face. We'll see.

He also didn't understand why they called ed a vampire. He walks around in the day time, has a reflection, doesn't sleep in a coffin, and doesn't eat people or drink their blood. So he is pretty much a super hero with an identity crisis.
Like I said, I don't know much about the books, but that does sound a little goofy to me.

I'm going to go see it with my sis tonight.

"You can't stop art!!!"
Hamlet 2
Go to Top of Page

Kalowen
Advanced Member

USA
4472 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  19:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw and Loved it!!!!!!

The guy that played Jasper was right on and in my opinion Robert didn't do a bad job with Edward either.

Spoilers

Favorite Parts were the Cullens' kitchen sceane and that first day back at school when Edward takes Bella and everybody is staring at them besides the guy that "just looked." Totally hillarious.

Shun the Non believer!!!
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  00:56:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend's going to take me to see it if it's really bad. XD

has returned.
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  11:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome back.
I had accidentally taken too much cough medicine before seeing this film. So despite my sister saying it was really poorly made, I found it to be really enjoyable.
But I still think that this is not a vampire story. at least not yet. Maybe in part two we'll see some vampires.

"You can't stop art!!!"
Hamlet 2
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  04:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vampires who shimmer and don't drink people's blood might as well be elves, IMO.

I've heard three reports of the movie from friends, all of whom said that they couldn't hear anything due to the (overwhelmingly female) audience screaming all the time. Oy.

has returned.
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  13:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, yeah. There was alot of gigling in the theater I was in. nothing particularly funny was being said, or at least that I knew of. But every 5 minutes or so, the whole theater would erupt in laughter. I thought it was something from the books that I was missing out on. but it was just people over come with aw at the sight of someone on screen and they couldn't contain it any more. And once one person squeled with glee, it was like the dams broke...

"You can't stop art!!!"
Hamlet 2
Go to Top of Page

Kalowen
Advanced Member

USA
4472 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  18:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's bacause we've been waiting on this for so frekin' long and some of the movie was so perfect that you just have to react. Jasper was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shun the Non believer!!!
Go to Top of Page

dragonqueen_010

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  22:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes i have to agree...Jasper=perfect! In the scene when Bella comes to the Cullen house for the first time...i was just thinking wow...he looks like he is in so much pain! Just like he was supposed to, I might add! Edward actually turned out to be better than I thought. I had serious doubts about him...but he turned out...ok. Not as good as i had hoped tho.
Carlisle was ok too. Bella, she played her role good(not wat i expected tho)
PERFECT ROSE! She was absolutely perfect! Jealousy and all...lol

Allow my Sword of Darkness to Carry you Over...
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2009 :  11:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw this movie last night. My wife has read the first two books and she loved it. I really, really liked it too. If you accept that the author took liberties with what vampires are, then it isn't hard to like it. They still drink blood and there are still vampires that drink human blood. Hell, the majority still do from what I am told. We accept differences in fantasy novels readily. In Dragonlance, Ogres are horrible disgusting creatures that attack humans on sight and enslave minotaurs. Robert Jordan has them as noble creatures that are stonemasons and love trees. If you look at it that way, can you really have a problem with ehr version of vampires?

I like the way that Edward explained the vegetarian vampire thing. It's like a human vegetarian eating tofu. It'll fill you up, but you don't get satisfied.

It was a great love story. And from what I have been told, there were glaring differences with the book, but so much of it was spot on that it made it ok to have some differences.

Check out my fanfic on Lucius' and Arial's romance at the following link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4658602/1/We_Met_at_the_Inn_of_the_Last_Home
Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2009 :  16:03:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bella Swan is a needy chick ugh get a life girl!!!

I liked the movie it was ok.....

I'm reading new moon to it should make a better film than the first!

Edward was hot thought!!!
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2009 :  16:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carmen was a little disappointed with Edward. Apparently, Stephanie Meyer made the character sooooooooo hoooooooot that no man could ever be hot enough to fill the bill. LOL

The chick that could see the future was super hot though!

Check out my fanfic on Lucius' and Arial's romance at the following link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4658602/1/We_Met_at_the_Inn_of_the_Last_Home

Edited by - Scanndalus on 22 Mar 2009 16:17:45
Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2011 :  22:24:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the movies suck ass as much as the books do.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000