Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  06:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I agree that sometimes people seem to come on here just to stir the crap or cause grief (and those fine specimens of humanity are weeded out quickly), shouldn't we be a little less critical on a public forum. If we want to attract more people to the wonderful world of Dragonlance, it might be counter-productive to poke fun at people. Others who do not have a great sense of self worth (like James) might be turned off from the site. This would equate to fewer fans, fewer comments on fewer DVD's with the result in less chance for live action and/or sequels.

Some of us can take it, because we know (what ever that means on the internet) what others are saying due to the rapport and jokes that have been bantered about, but what about the new people that are thinking about coming in and don't know that James likes killing things with his dragon? Or that Smax likes food

(Sorry, James...I seem to be mentioning you alot in this post...no disrespect intended. I can't say you're the man, cause that's Sirch... but you are a close second. Uh oh, everyone make room for the swelling ...)

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  06:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure I killed James dragon.

I don't like telling people no, which makes me struggle in the capacity of being a mod. =P But you do have a point, being mean to random newcomers isn't a good thing.

Then again I felt I had the right when he posted that topic to delete or lock it for introducing random clutter. The only reason I didn't is because he would have complained and it wasn't really causing any harm. I suggest others simply ignore people which irritate you on the internet and not start a huge flame war or start bashing them. If they are truly out of control a mod will deal with them. =)

-----
Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish that man would go away

Edited by - Sirch on 13 Oct 2007 06:57:48
Go to Top of Page

Gemsamay

Germany
970 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  07:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not going to be nice to Captain Poopy Pants just because he is a DL fan.. he is/was not here for DL, he was here to stroke his ego and feel important.. life's hard, get a helmet kid.. Don't be one of those mean bitter nerds that makes me scared to go into the nerd store and ask someone to teach me how to play D&D... The people in the nerd store scare me

Save the Earth, it's the only place with wine and chocolate!
Go to Top of Page

Gemsamay

Germany
970 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  07:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quit doing your job Sirch.. you make my life too peaceful :-P I almost got you to say something mean.. I was THIS CLOSE!!! --

My life was almost complete... the quest continues

Come on new people! Join the warm and loving world of Dragonlance! I swear I am nice!

All joking aside.. We really are super nice here.. my last forum was pretty brutal! Granted it was a forum for goths... haha

Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  07:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All!!!

I know I don't post to often on this site. The company that owns that blue & white Globe keeps me fairly BZ. And since I spend most of my time on a PC or laptop I'm just worn out when I get home. Anyway The time I do get to spend here on the site I just love it!!! and I thank you all for the interaction. I do have a great time reading all the latest news on DL.

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

tanisfan
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  08:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello DL fans. I am tanisfan and wanted to say that I think the companions are the greatest heroes I have ever read about. I hope the movie is awesome because the stories are. My son now loves em too. I think the drawings of caramon are wron though but what do I know? ha ha
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  19:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

I'm pretty sure I killed James dragon.

ya, he died several times and keep coming back, but the sentient cake and the stranger are still alive. NO idea about the chipmunks, they are still new

quote:

I don't like telling people no, which makes me struggle in the capacity of being a mod. =P But you do have a point, being mean to random newcomers isn't a good thing.

Then again I felt I had the right when he posted that topic to delete or lock it for introducing random clutter. The only reason I didn't is because he would have complained and it wasn't really causing any harm. I suggest others simply ignore people which irritate you on the internet and not start a huge flame war or start bashing them. If they are truly out of control a mod will deal with them. =)

Sirch, I believe that you are doing a good job on keeping people on track and civil.

For some reason I sometimes get the mental image that mods (on other site too) are people who sit in front of the computer with a big stick to get people to conform to the rules of the forum. Then I shake my head, drink a beer and get real. You guys are regular fans, (fallible and with your own feeling and opinions) who love the topic so much that you would take timeout of your day so that the rest of us can enjoy a forum where we can express our enjoyment with others, without fear of prejudice.

For that I thank you.

Looking back at my last few posts, I'll apologize to all my DL friends if I have offended or been just too plain argumentative. Societal life has taken a toll on my good humour of late and I need to remember that I come here because I enjoy the company and talking about this project of the DL movie. That is no excuse and it is not me.

Steve

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  19:47:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I took a piss on James on his first topic post. Wasn't it about him being the biggest fanboy of DL or something? I think that's when I came up with the whole make out session with TH. He took the "abuse" in stride and now he's the "senior member".

I think we all should welcome anyone who comes on here and not make them feel like we're all a bunch of pompous dicks. The goth/emo guy seemed interesting to me, and he certainly could have added some spice to this forum.

Welcome Tanisfan, Fizban Who, and cloudweaver (I keep thinking of the song "Dreamweaver" every time I see you post!)

"Long days and pleasant nights."
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2007 :  03:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to DLMS Tanisfan, glad you can join us here. If you have ever had a Character that you use to use playing D&D or DL roll play you can bring them over to "The INN of the Last Home" and play them there or just make one up. Hope to see you in some of the other posts that is offered on this great website!!! ...and again WELCOME!!!!

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2007 :  03:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and thanks, Vass. I'm very Glad and happy to be here! when I can From time to time.

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2007 :  15:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone new!! hay we was not being mean to emo man but he didn't post anywere else did he and he has'nt been back so that says it all!!

check me out at
www.myspace.com/jemmiekaye
Go to Top of Page

Gemsamay

Germany
970 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2007 :  17:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I flipped Loki a bunch of crap on his first post and he is still kickin it.. which I am happy for cuz he's not so bad now :)

Welcome everyone! I hope you like it here :)

Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2007 :  19:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come Make Friends, Be Part Of The Family, Join the Legion

check me out at
www.myspace.com/jemmiekaye
Go to Top of Page

HumasLady
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2007 :  17:40:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Fizban Who and Tanisfan. Pleasure to make your aquaintance.

There is no greater love than this, that a gal may give up her life for her friends.
Go to Top of Page

Drhobo
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2007 :  05:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uhh... hi. I am a friend of cloud's, and am pretty much new to the dragonlance universe. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME PLEASE I BEG YOU!

If it breaths, shoot it. If it doesn't, you need more firepower.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000