Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2006 :  02:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the book so far. I have a deep affection for History and this novel does not disappoint. Very House of York and Lancasteresque. But I find that it's a bit like reading a Dostoevsky novel. I feel like I have to keep a journal of all the names of each family. I'm afraid of searching the web for fear of spoliers. Does anyone have a link with just the main characters and their family trees to ease my burden?

"I wanted to tell her that sometimes, in my long sleep, I dreamt of her." --Waaaaaistlin
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2006 :  04:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the back of the book it should list each house and then the members of the house. Along with their sayings etc. Im not sure if theres spoilers in the back i can check and tell you tomorrow.

Edited by - Sirch on 31 Oct 2006 04:14:37
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2006 :  23:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never thought to check there. Thanks!

"I wanted to tell her that sometimes, in my long sleep, I dreamt of her." --Waaaaaistlin
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  00:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And no spoilers back there! =)

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  00:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm on "Storm of Swords" now. I can't believe how good these novels are. They're almost like a modern day Le Morte D'Arthur or Ivanhoe.

"I have sinned enough against the world. Teaching magic to a kender would ensure my damnation." - Raistlin
Go to Top of Page

hytanthas

52 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  04:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep hearing these are mature books and im quite mature for my age, if any of you are familiar with the IlIad (the epic story of troy) im reading that so what do you guys think about me reading these books? 13.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  15:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your going to hate this but i would request you check with your parents beforehand. The 'mature' content in this book comes from the sex and graphic violence. And I wouldnt want forumites to somehow get blamed for that

We the patriots of terrible atrocities abjure the elves to evil purposes. In our world domination, we torment you. If we can...
Go to Top of Page

hytanthas

52 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  18:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok ill wait till i go to chapters and see what my parents think. thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  23:18:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Sirch. Check with your folks.

"I have sinned enough against the world. Teaching magic to a kender would ensure my damnation." - Raistlin
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  18:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I glad you like them Vassor, they are without a doubt some of my favorites I have ever read.

We the patriots of terrible atrocities abjure the elves to evil purposes. In our world domination, we torment you. If we can...
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2006 :  03:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sirch for posting this thread. I'm seething right now. Lord Walder. Valar morghulis.

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2006 :  23:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possible Spolier!!!

I just finished "Feast of Crows" and I have to admit that I wasn't crazy about it. And now we have to wait who knows who long for the next novel, which, apparently due to Martin's brief note at the end, it wont even continue the stories of Brienne and Jamie, etc. I would have preferred a double volume.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2006 :  23:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea well the deal with Feast for Crows was that being half a book... yea. Im not sure what happened there, the update on Dance with Dragons is... here.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

He has also said that he intends to visit back with his Feast characters towards the end of Dance. I wish he had just made it one volume, cutting out on half of the characters (the better half of them in my opinion) didnt do good for the book.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2006 :  03:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

Yea well the deal with Feast for Crows was that being half a book... yea. Im not sure what happened there, the update on Dance with Dragons is... here.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

He has also said that he intends to visit back with his Feast characters towards the end of Dance. I wish he had just made it one volume, cutting out on half of the characters (the better half of them in my opinion) didnt do good for the book.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge

That's exactly how I felt, although I started to love the characters that were the focus of "Crows" more as the book progressed. Cersei is probably my favorite character now, although I fear she is doomed.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  20:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the sake of sparking discussion and see what the denizens of this board think about this theory I have been hearing. Well Ill just lay the theory out there.

Warning for those who havent read the series yet posts here could start containing huge spoilers over the story.

So heres the theory, Jon Snow is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. Ill throw out some of the 'evidence' for it later but I wanna see what people think about that idea.

-----
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000