Naruto & Naruto Shippuden
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2022 :  17:18:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I am a huge nerd. I love this series and I think that anime/manga is a lovely medium, under-appreciated in Western culture. In fact, I have been a fan of Naruto for as long as I have been on this site--what like, 16-17 years? (btw, wow )

I was so interested in anime that I even learned a bit of Japanese (both verbal and written) and took a Japanese culture course in College.

So, why is Naruto important? For one thing, it's one of the top-selling anime/manga series of all time, and includes many reference to Shinto and Buddhist mythologies, such as chakra, ninjitsu, and of course, the nine-tailed fox (etc X 100). But more than that, I think the story of an orphan boy who stumbles his way through impossible challenges and perseveres through a mound of negativity touches a lot of people on a core level. Every character, even the villains are interesting and fleshed out. It's simply epic story-telling.

I had to trick my husband into watching this series with me, making a deal with him. I said that if I watched a series of his choice, he would have to watch a series of my choice, no objections. So, I watched Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and even Star Trek: Voyager, in order to for me to slam him with Naruto & Naruto Shippuden. Oh my god, how much he complained. But this is the kicker; at the end of Naruto Shippuden I asked him what he thought of the series and he said it was "life-changing". I'm not kidding, he really said that--and it is. If you haven't already, you need to watch Naruto--Yes, I know that there are 720 episode, however you can certainly skip the fillers. But please, for the love of god, watch it with subtitles. The English voice overs are trash.

(Also, as a note, there is a very important movie that is integral to story-telling in the latter part of Shippuden, if you don't watch it in sequence you will be very confused. Make sure you slot in "The Last: Naruto the Movie" properly, otherwise there are spoilers!)

Has anyone here watched Naruto?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000