Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  22:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bran's alive!!! Should I like Tyrion? I'm betting that his brother ordered the assassination and set him up.

Oh, and I am so pissed that Lady got killed. That king is a freakin' coward.

Oh, what did you think of the voice sample?

Check out my fanfic on Lucius' and Arial's romance at the following link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4658602/1/We_Met_at_the_Inn_of_the_Last_Home

Edited by - Scanndalus on 29 Sep 2009 22:35:49
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  23:40:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was so-so on it at first but then I started digging it. I was sad when it stopped playing right before the other showed up.

I think Tyrion is a cool little sob but I'm still a bigger Jon Snow fan. Starks all the way.

-----

This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire!
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  10:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not giving anything away for you Scann. Glad you're getting really into them.

I haven't had a chance to listen. I will try tonight when I get home from work.

I liked Tyrion from the moment he spoke to Jon at the Feast. It's just a great scene and it really shows Tyrion's character. Plus he's witty and sarcastic. Somehow I relate.

I actually tried to convince my wife to name our child Tyrion if he's a boy or Arya if it's a girl. She likes Arya, but has a hard time naming our son after a mismatched eyed dwarf who likes prostitutes.

Edited by - Vassor Doss on 30 Sep 2009 10:48:43
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  10:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL

Arya is a lovely name though.

-----

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  11:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried real hard too because it's such a great name. I told people who have never read the books and they all love it. Oh well.

Arya Grace was the name I chose for a girl. We've decided on Lila Grace instead, but I still like Arya.

I need to re-read these books again. I was anticipating that Dance would be out by now. I reread them about a year ago and finished AFOC last March. I just want the story to be fresh in my mind when I start the new one.
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  11:43:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lila is only one letter away from Lola. She'll be in good (but talktative) company. LOL.

Bran is depressed now. Sad... Nan is scary.

Check out my fanfic on Lucius' and Arial's romance at the following link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4658602/1/We_Met_at_the_Inn_of_the_Last_Home
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  11:52:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bran is a bit of weenie. He should not have been a pervert and spied on the twins...

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  12:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He didn't even know what they were doing. He just heard people saying bad stuff about his dad. I hope that Tyrion is able to get through to him.

Edit: If the play-by-play is getting annoying, then I'll stop. This is just a really good book.

Edited by - Scanndalus on 30 Sep 2009 12:17:50
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  12:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I forgot that the audio, is well audio, and that they may not describe all that's in the book. Yeah in the book, Bran sees Jamie and Cersie getting it on. But yes, they were saying bad things about Ned and that's what caused him to peep.

Bran was innocent. Jamie was waayy out of line.

I'm fine with the play by play. It's getting me interested again.

Edited by - Vassor Doss on 30 Sep 2009 12:37:52
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  12:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no. He reads it straight from the book. They described, in great detail, what was going on. But he also described that Bran thought that they were wrestling and the she was getting hurt, but didn't really seem to be getting hurt. You know, the way a little kid would see it. LOL

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  14:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the play-by-play. It reminds me of the first time I read it. =D

The portion of the audio I had listened to was word for word from the book. Although it may be worth it to pick up a physical copy later, Martin is quite a wordsmith.

-----

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  16:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll definitely pick up a copy. I'm just taking advantage of the listening to CDs loophole at work. I'm currently reading The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson at night when I get home. I'm really digging him, but this belongs in the other thread. LOL

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2009 :  09:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I listened to a bit last night. It sounded like the actor who played the gatekeeper in Bree from the Fellowship of the Ring. "Hobbits? FOUR Hobbits? And from the Shire by yer talk."

I was put off by the fact that he narrated and did the character voices as well, but I like his dialect.
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2009 :  10:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
His name is Roy Dotrice. www.roydotrice.com

I don't think that he was in LOTR, but he was in several TV Series and he was the king in Hellboy II.

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2009 :  12:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not the same guy. Similar accents however, even though Roy is British and the Gatekeeper of Bree is a Kiwi.

I actually like Robert. Maybe it's because he's a drunken womanizing sod. I want GRRM to finish this series and then write "prequels". There is so much history there to explore.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000