Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

hyrulien
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  15:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So yeah im the nube but look I would really doubt it if there was a movie. of course I would go see it but, it will never be close to the genuius of the books. In the RPG consortium im not even allowed to say the "M word" But thax for allowing me to post this topic and thank you all.

"And i beleived him too."
- Tasselhoff Burrfoot

DarkSunz

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  15:04:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
M word? Uhm... Mommy? My Vorpral Long Sword +5? What? Hehehe... Welcome to the posts.... Good to see fresh blood around here.. Gobby's tainted everyone around here... So watch out for him...

If there is going to be a movie, it'll be along while... And, no prolly won't even be close to the genius of the books... But then again, the books too have had some ups and downs over the years...

"The world is not enough. But is such a perfect place to start..."
Go to Top of Page

v_game_freak13
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  15:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your right the movies could never come close to the books but it would still be cool to have a movie for them.

"I do not predict the future. I see only the present as it becomes the past...." -Astinus
Go to Top of Page

v_game_freak13
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  15:29:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes a movie would be cool but i doubt it could ever happen but mind you if it did i would be first in line to see it for every show! (if i liked it). thanks 4 the welcoming darksun:)

"I do not predict the future. I see only the present as it becomes the past...." -Astinus
Go to Top of Page

hyrulien
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  15:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i just replyed to my topic or rather dark sunz and it regestered under freaks D!@# it oh well.....

- Tasselhoff Burrfoot
Go to Top of Page

v_game_freak13
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  15:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi kelly. the movie companies will also probobly cut alot out of them.

Go to Top of Page

hyrulien
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  15:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Look" Charles what did i say about useing my real name and we are getting off topic. soo I would say the first movies they should make would be about Vinus Solmunus or The kagonisti book. the next would be like huma and kaz then finally the chronicles followed by ledgends. then chaos and war of souls but i dunno im not makeing the movie ah well....

- Tasselhoff Burrfoot
Go to Top of Page

DarkSunz

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  16:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh... Uhm... I'd say something... But, naw.. I'll wait for Gobby to add something.. Hehehe... The movies, I'm sure.. Will be watchable... (Insert Gobby's sly remark)

Go to Top of Page

ArchmageKirana

USA
332 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  17:49:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea gobby definatly needs to get in here...

"I have sinned enough against the world. Teaching magic to a kender would ensure my damnation."
--Raistlin Majere
Go to Top of Page

hottopicman83

USA
797 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  21:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I better get out the homicide clean up kit and caution tape, cause when gobby gets here it will be such a mess that even Nny will be sicked by it. (an for those of you that doesn't know who Nny is pick up Johnny the Homicidal Maniac comic)

Caramon:yes, Tas. Caring does hurt a lot of the time. But the hurt is better that being empty inside.
Go to Top of Page

Goblin21x

USA
1452 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  00:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup here it comes..... Ok now you guys have entered a realm you didnt want me to get started on. First off you two newbies welcome glad to have you here. You seem to know each other IRL and thats great, as for useing real names its not that big a deal. No one here is gonna come look for you, I use my real name in my little profile and where I am and god help you if you think you can take me. I guess I am trying to say dont worry about all that. Getting off topic here is ok we do it all the time as long as you come back to the original topic.

Now that thats out of the way I shall explain a few things here. The movie cannot equl the books. This is what I am seeing you guys are saying. Some of what you say is true. A lot of times movie companys will bungle the plot and screw the movie up...Starship troopers is a prime example. A lot of book that go movie do end up pretty good though such as a lot of the steven king novels, everything isnt cover because the movie would be to friggin long and you would be a fool to think they would want to put anything in there. As for the movies who followed the book quite well I say this LOTR I have read those books...recently I might add in fact i just finished them. They have followed the sotry almost to a T, except for a few things that they changed around. What makes you think that they cannot do a good job like that on DL? Do you think that LOTR was just an anomely in book-movies? I dont think so people. They had the right crew on the job, a crew that loved this story and wanted to see it be as great as it could. You know what it turned out to be a great movie that everyone seems to love. Now as for what movie they should make. If you had never read any of the book would you really understand what the hell the kagonesti had to do with anything? They were a SMALL part of the whole story in any of the book except the kagonesti book. Would you really care to watch a movie about a knight who put together a knighthood in a fantasy world you know nothing about? Or would you want to watch a movie that gave a foundation to a whole world that these other stories took place in. If people see this movie they will want see an epic tale like they had for LOTR and quite frankly the chronicles trilogy gave a lot of background on the world on top of telling this great tale. Think anyone would have wanted to watch a movie about the simirellion before Lord of the rings? No! Perhaps these movies would be cool for you to watch because you know about DL the general public doesnt care about all that other stuff. This movie is not going to made soely to make us fans happy. Its a movie to make money and provide entertainment to everyone not just geeks like us. Now please retort if you disagree with me (not all of you who will do it to spite me).

He who is destined to be an ogre
Go to Top of Page

DL fan

Canada
123 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  00:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol you know that movie "old school"? and that part where Stiffler from american pie says to Will farell when hes got the tranq in his throat? He throws out his arm and just says "YES"
Gobby if u could see u personally thats what i would say and do to you, "Yes!" (arm flying toward the tranq in ur neck, except there isnt a tranq in ur neck...mores the pity...lol)

Go to Top of Page

DarkSunz

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  01:24:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know something else? I read about... Oh... Half of Gobby's rant, and lost myself to the wonder of his toejam... I mean, comon... THAT'S toejam... Oh... Uh... On topic, right...

Gobby's right though... I think....

Go to Top of Page

ArchmageKirana

USA
332 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  02:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gobby's rants are great...

"I have sinned enough against the world. Teaching magic to a kender would ensure my damnation."
--Raistlin Majere
Go to Top of Page

Goblin21x

USA
1452 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  02:57:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe yeah I saw old school and loved the hell outta that movie... Its like magic when it touches your lips!!! hehe you guys like those rants eh? well wouldent you agree that I got the point across? sometimes i like to use the ol noggin

He who is destined to be an ogre
Go to Top of Page

hottopicman83

USA
797 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  03:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes, I would think you would use it as much as you could, and from "old school" WE GOING STRIKING."

Caramon:yes, Tas. Caring does hurt a lot of the time. But the hurt is better that being empty inside.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000