Dragonlance Movie Site Forums
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Fantasy Discussion
 Books
 Fantasy books you'd like adapted to film/t.v./etc.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AndrewLaubacher Posted - 07 Nov 2007 : 19:30:45
Someone had a similar topic on the film boards, but I really think it belongs here. Besides, last time I looked the original thread was buried pretty deep.

I always thought that Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser could make for a terric film series. The stories are witty and sophisticated, but would have to be handled carefully to survive a Hollywood treatment.

When I first started reading the Thieves' World books, I thought that they could be turned into a t.v. series or miniseries. At the time, I thought that Rutger Hauer would be perfect for Tempest. Don't know who I would cast now.

Robert E. Howard's Solomon Kane could be turned into a great historical sword & sorcery flick. I'd like to see it kept fairly dark and gritty, though--unlike the King Kull movie.

Would anyone else like to see David & Leigh Eddings' Elenium (the first Sparhawk series) adapted into a film or limited television series? I need a break from child heroes. Let's have a seasoned, older protagonist get a star turn. I suggest Viggo Mortensen for Sparhawk.

Finally (for now), I would really like to see an Elric movie, adapted from Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion books. Maybe directed by Terry Gilliam.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, MythBusters
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cassano Posted - 01 Feb 2019 : 06:48:28
I'd love to see Joe Abercrombie's work adapted to film or better yet for TV. Get on it, Netflix! haha
dark mage Posted - 18 Apr 2018 : 00:38:27
Fans are extremely hard to please, that is the problem. The Shannara books did get a tv show but the fans got mad at it so it didnt do well.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
wolf1994 Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 17:02:11
just about any fantasy book can be remade but has yo be perfect when made lol.
Piper Posted - 04 Mar 2018 : 16:47:27
The lightbringer novels need to become movies or a tv show. I've fallen in love with the books!!!!! I really need the last book to be out already...

self is the only place that can ever bind the soul
keep to the beam
ka

PiPer
wolf1994 Posted - 29 Sep 2017 : 15:32:56
well I for one would like to see a remake of the never-ending story.
Vassor Doss Posted - 07 Oct 2009 : 22:53:37
I wonder if someone will put the Shannara books to film?

I'm still waiting on the Dark Crystal sequel.

I'm still waiting on the Neverending Story remake.

I'm still waiting for someone to finally do justice to the LOTRs trilogy.

dark mage Posted - 02 Oct 2009 : 02:30:05
I think its to caiter to the female audience Sirch. Women are more likely to watch a vampire film if said vamp is good looking and has a somewhat sensitive side. As far as romantic vamps go I think Ann Rice did it best. Her vampires were a good balance between clasic and romantic.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people-"V"

"I once knew a man who took off all his cloths and jumped on a cactus. When I asked him why he did it he said it seemed like a good idea at the time" (Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven)
Fizban Who Posted - 02 Oct 2009 : 02:07:19
I was talking about the first two movies. I have not seen the last one yet.
Sirch Posted - 02 Oct 2009 : 02:04:07
I didn't that Underworld was THAT bad so that says something for it.

I just don't understand why they chose vampires and then treat them like blood sucking elves.

-----

This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire!
dark mage Posted - 02 Oct 2009 : 01:44:36
Yes I have heard that the storylines for the Underworld movies were good, I will try my best to see them somtime. Perhapst next weekend when I hang out with my friends.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people-"V"

"I once knew a man who took off all his cloths and jumped on a cactus. When I asked him why he did it he said it seemed like a good idea at the time" (Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven)
Fizban Who Posted - 02 Oct 2009 : 01:29:37
I do see the point that Vamp are indeed evil incarnate. I just like the storyline of them against werewolves is all. a little something different ya know?
dark mage Posted - 02 Oct 2009 : 01:25:20
I think I see ur point. Ppl do try to put them in too good of a light somtime. Example the Vampires of Twilight are made to seem as if there is nothing bad about them at all. But I will dissagree on one point and say that Stoker tried I think to place Dracula as a tragic character since he failed to save his true love and so turned his back uppon the church and chose to become a vampire.

Sirch Posted - 02 Oct 2009 : 01:16:32
I wouldn't consider that romance though. I would consider it sinister in nature as Dracula is attempting to 'seduce' the virtuous Mina. He isn't worried about love.

To me vampires lose their luster when they are running around falling in love with people. They are damned creatures that suck the blood out of people not romantic individuals. =E

-----

This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire!
Fizban Who Posted - 02 Oct 2009 : 00:42:39
Well the action did for me mainly.....
dark mage Posted - 02 Oct 2009 : 00:42:12
I cant say Fiz man because I havent seen any of the Underworld movies or any of the Blade movies either.

If ya think about it Sirch vampires have always been assosiated with romance and sex appeal, even Dracula. Both in the book and in the movie by Fancis Ford Coppla, Elizabeth Harker did fall in love with Dracula. Plus Dracula had a host of very attractive female vampires living in the catacombs of his castle, no guess as to what their perpose in that castle was.

Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000