Dragonlance Movie Site Forums
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Fantasy Discussion
 Books
 Temeraire Series

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kalowen Posted - 05 Jan 2009 : 20:19:54
Piper introduced me to these books last year and I liked them. Though in the 2nd and 4th book they could do a little less ship travel. I mean more than half the series is spent on a ship with either bored or sick dragons. Nonetheless they are entertaining reads by Naomi Novik.

Temeraire always makes me laugh!!!

Shun the Non believer!!!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
What did we learn on the show tonight Craig?
quote:
Originally posted by Scanndalus
Who keeps bat crap in the kitchen! Freakin' mages."
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marole Posted - 06 Jul 2013 : 10:24:59
there is no one there to hear it does it still make a sound?

Moon Crazed Posted - 15 Nov 2009 : 17:00:09
Don't worry Kal, I'll try to update you on the goings on if you aren't here. Oh, and we've just about got the first jacket done.

"Fear not what you may read, but what you may not."
"Hah! Your aims as rotten as your meatballs!"
"NARCOLEPSY!"
"Stupid Newlyweds and their fireworks. Just like a kid on the fourth of July."
-Kalowen
Sirch Posted - 15 Nov 2009 : 16:49:15
Holy crap she writes these books quickly.

-----

This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire if you are an adult! =)
Kalowen Posted - 15 Nov 2009 : 11:20:14
I'm very upset. Since I'm stuck in Colorado, I might miss this whole Culture fair deal that I've been putting together forever!! I'm praying that I get home in time.

~})i({~
Excidium Posted - 15 Nov 2009 : 11:16:35
Tongues of Serpents is the sixth book, can't wait for it Its setting is on the land from down under during the early white settlements. Loved His Majesty's Dragon hopefully the movie will do the book some justice
Kalowen Posted - 05 Nov 2009 : 19:07:49
Yes, Victory of Eagles is out on paperback and it is just as good as the others. Naomi Novik was actually working on the 6th book when we called her Wednesday.

~})i({~
Sirch Posted - 04 Nov 2009 : 18:27:43
Has the latest book been released in softcover yet and how is it? I have lost track of this series somehow even though I really enjoy it. =[

-----

This is here to remind you to pick up A Song of Ice and Fire if you are an adult! =)
Kalowen Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 19:30:40
I got my French Teacher hooked on these. She is almost finished with the 2nd one, so I'm giving the 3rd one tomorrow.

dark mage Posted - 07 Jan 2009 : 13:45:39
Ah I see.

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it does it still make a sound?
Kalowen Posted - 07 Jan 2009 : 13:39:17
It is a little streched out and the motives are wrong, but the battles them selves and the way the navy/allies work and help each other is pretty right I thought. I may be wrong.

Wow i just had deja vu. I wonder why?

Shun the Non believer!!!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
quote:
"Who keeps bat crap in the kitchen! Freakin' mages."
dark mage Posted - 07 Jan 2009 : 13:36:22
They did? Thats interesting because I wouldnt think the books would be all that accrate when it came to actual historical details.

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it does it still make a sound?
Kalowen Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 17:40:32
Acually I was reading these books around the time we were studying the Nepolionic Wars (I Know Spelling is horrible) But they helped pass the class.

Shun the Non believer!!!
quote:
Sirch Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 16:22:24
Novik can get into the minutiae of this things a little too much but her characters are all entertaining and the stories are neatly wrapped up. Her concept of the way dragons are used as fighting machines and her re-imagining of history is very interesting too.

-----
"Anarchy--that I run!" - Dr. Horrible
dark mage Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 15:55:04
okie dokie sounds great. And dont worry Kalowen when it comes to books or anything realy with a good story I never ever skip parts.

Kalowen Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 15:15:35
Impire of Ivory and Victory of Eagles. And supposedly another on the way. The authors style is OK. She is a little repetitive and the travel scenes are a bit boring, but DO NOT SKIP THEM!!!! Temeraire always does or says something that will make you die laughing. I sooo love that Black Dragon.

Shun the Non believer!!!
quote:

Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000